Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sweet Leaf


So the first one we have here is Tasty Puff's Sweet Leaf. My first impression opening the envelope when it arrived, was "damn, this smells strong". I have to be honest, it had a strong piss-like smell to it, kind of like a male cat's spray. I wasn't impressed, but hey, I know this stuff must be concentrated like hell. As the bottle suggests, I put 3 drops on about .2 grams of my herbal product. I mixed it up, gave it a couple minutes to dry, and packed myself a bowl for my water pipe. The first hit tasted kind of faint, I was hardly able to taste anything... I let a buddy finish it off, and prepared another bowl, only this time using 6 drops. This took a bit longer to dry, we gave it five minutes yet it was still kind of moist. We lit it up and it still smoked relatively well, this time with the Sweet Leaf coming in stronger... And I have to admit, it's a hard one to describe... The only thing that comes to mind, is maybe cantaloupe? My buddy said it tasted like papaya to him, although I can't say I've ever tried papaya before.
As for the title of the flavour, I can't say I knew what to expect with something called "Sweet Leaf", but it definitely wasn't this. Considering the bottle was decorated with pot leaves, I assumed it might only serve to make your herb taste more potent? Or maybe just sweeter as the title suggests? To be honest though, I didn't assume or expect anything much from this... Kind of disappointed overall, and personally won't be picking this one up again.
All in all, 2 out of 5 bong hits. Nothing special, but definitely something different...

EDIT: Going back to this one, I think I was being a little fair considering it was my first post. This smells and tastes like gasoline and I just try and avoid it at all costs. Worst one that I have had yet in my experience. ZERO BONG HITS! You'd be better off flavouring your product with nail polish remover, it's just that bad.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't weed expected to have a cat pee smell to it? I thought those "stinky" notes like cheese, gasoline, catty, skunky etc. are what people are missing with most cannabis aromas.

    ReplyDelete