Friday, May 25, 2012

Cockamamie Clove

I just saw this sitting in my post list, it was a draft and never got finished. The last time I used this blog I was writing this up, so might as well pick up from where I left off! I'll be sure to indicate with a * to let you all know where I'll be picking back up again. As you can see, I started writing this on Halloween...



Hey folks,
It's Hallow's eve and I'm thinking I may just have found enough time for a review! And for some reason, I feel that Tasty Puff's "Cockamamie Clove" is appropriate. I thought to myself, "what could be a good flavour to test on Halloween?" and honestly, the only thing that comes to mind is Cockamamie Clove because it is so obscure. Didn't think I'd get around to this one anytime soon, but what the heck right?
So right off the back, I can tell I'm in for something different. First of all, Cockamamie Clove? What is a Cockamamie Clove? I Googled the term and all I am pointed to is this strange Tasty Puff flavour. I found a definition for Cockamamie, here it is.


Cockamamie: ludicrous, foolish; "gave me a cockamamie reason for not going"; "wore a goofy hat"; "a silly idea"; "some wacky plan for selling more books"



Well okay then. Doesn't that clear some confusion. You'd think maybe the picture on the bottle would help you out a little, but no it just baffles me some more. Almost looks like chicken legs. Anyway, the fun continues when you open the bottle, so lets do that.


* And picking back up where we left off... Let's just say I'm no clove expert. I'm only so familiar with cloves, but when it comes to the smell of this concoction, I'd say it might be more along the lines of a cinnamon. Again, though, allow me to express my ignorance to cloves. My encounters with them in my lifetime happens to be minimal. That being said, I can't say how accurate the smell is to that of actual cloves... But considering they are of the cockamamie variation, my guess would be "not entirely accurate". I must say though, the scent is very familiar. Like something I'd come across at my grandparents house. It's not strong, though. I'd say it's aromatic, and a nice smell, however mixing it with herb just seems unfitting.

Keeping it simple and brief, it tastes exactly like how it smells and delivers pretty much what you would expect after capturing it's scent. In it's entirety, this is definitely not a conventional flavour, and would only break it out for novelty purposes or to surprise your friends in the sense of "man, you have got to try this, because it's totally whack."

So there you have it. I'll give it half a bong hit, because your herb is probably better off without it, but it's worth one try if you get the opportunity, and only if you're aching to satisfy your curiosity... Unlike Sweet Leaf, which I don't even recommend trying one time. I really should just do that one over!

No comments:

Post a Comment